Saturday, April 23, 2011

About being a Pilot.

Well, I Titled this Blog "A Pilot For Christ" but I haven't said a thing about being a pilot!
I could write about the details of becoming a pilot and what I do, but thats pretty boring for the average friend. So, I think I'll talk about the joys of flying, and some of the stuff God has shown me in and through my flying.
First of all, flying is something you have to love doing to do it well and safely. I know some people that do not like flying who are flying as instructors, but not every thing they do and teach is always accurate because they aren't looking at it with the right perspective. Wouldn't you want someone teaching you to love what they are doing rather than just going through the motions for a paycheck?
Well anyway, I love flying!! and safety is a big thing for me while I'm in the air. If something goes wrong during a flight, I can't just pull-over and fix it, and contrary to some movies, I can't just crawl out on the wing and fix it either...
Some things I have had to do in my pilot training are Solo Flights. I have to log time in an airplane while I am the sole occupant of the airplane. Even though I log time that way, I know its not true that I'm alone, I always have Someone with me! I've had some very close calls during my flying, and some have been without anyone (except my favorite copilot) to help me. During those times God has shown me that I'm never alone, and He always has a way, no matter how bad the situation.

Another thing God has shown me in flying, and well, in life general, is that they costs a lot! As most of the people reading this knows, I don't have a full-time job currently, and money doesn't grow on trees. Anytime I start worrying about were money is going to come from so I can finish my training, He always finds a way to provide, whether it's through short-term work, or a scholarship from CAP, or whatever, He always gets me there.

So anyway, thats my ramblings for this week. Heres a few pictures of some of the airplanes I fly!




No comments: